Then today at work we had some student nurses come in with their teacher to take blood pressure readings. As you can see from the pic I didn't do so hot. I have a really high blood pressure and it totally sucks.
I guess I really enjoyed the not knowing. It was a simpler time-haha-It is a huge motivator for me to step my exercise into gear. I feel I really have a handle on my diet. I always try to get all my servings, choose the right types of food-whole grain, etc. My exercise is something that I have been struggling with.
In the fall I did so good with exercise and honestly that is when I see the biggest results weight wise. Today I went for an hour long walk after work and felt great. I need to make time for exercise every single day for me-FOR MY HEALTH.
Here I am after my walk-my face is both cold & sweaty at the same time-so cold out. I took a copy of the healthy food guide and this wheel thing that will tell you how much you would have to exercise to burn off a food item. For example for 1 plain chocolate bar (40 grams) 215 calories you would have to Walk: 54mins Swim/Jump Rope : 24 mins Cycling: 31 mins
During my walk I thought of all the reasons I really want to lose the weight and keep it off. A small list includes :
- To lower my blood pressure
- To someday be a healthy mom
- To look good in my wedding dress/at my beach wedding
- So Cole could have a hot woman (even though he thinks I'm hot now)
- To not feel bad about myself
- To feel good shopping for clothing again
- To not feel embarrassed of my size
- To do things I want to do ex: down hill skiing-get really winded climbing back up the hill
- To lose my double chin (the ban of my existence)
Two important things for my list are to be around for my niece Gabby